1:18 2018 Lowndes/Richards BW absolutely woeful quality

General Chat Area
NO Advertising Wanted / For Sale, etc.

Moderator: ccforum

blitz

1:18 2018 Lowndes/Richards BW absolutely woeful quality

Post by blitz » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Just got my 2018 Bathurst winner. The quality and attention to detail is absolutely woeful. The worst of all models I’ve owned. The rear wing looks like it was painted with a paint brush windows are streaky

I think that’ll be the last time I ever buy CC. I wouldnt of bought this one if it wasn't Craig Lowndes

Numark83

Re: 1:18 2018 Lowndes/Richards BW absolutely woeful quality

Post by Numark83 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am

blitz wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 pm
I wouldnt of bought this one if it wasn't Craig Lowndes
His name has made them money for many years now. It'll be interesting to see if they keep making SC models once he no longer co-drives with RBHRT.

SmartBeans

Re: 1:18 2018 Lowndes/Richards BW absolutely woeful quality

Post by SmartBeans » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:01 am

It was obviously rushed out to "Cash In" on Craig's popularity :: Plain & Simple. Plus CC saw that his Season car was selling for ridiculous prices on ebay - They knew they had to get the Bathurst Winner release done as quickly as "humanly" possible.

I have the Biante 1:12 pre-ordered - sure it's almost $500 but the Quality will be SO far above what CC can do :

It's like Craig's 2017 SANDOWN 500 RETRO ROUND diecasts - The 1:18 FROM CC never looked right, Yet the 1:12 from Biante is just amazing.

I can almost guarantee I will never buy another CC release - Now that Craig has finished full time Racing. I only ever bought Peter Brock & Craig Lowndes diecast's.

Now, IF we could ever get a '85 Brock - Moffat VK Commodore done properly !!! But, looking at CC's woeful effort on the A9X - I doubt we'll ever see it done. For something that was "supposed" to be a whole new mould etc for the A9X - Its just SO wrong ( panel fit, the way the flared guards are done etc etc ) especially for the price they are / were selling it for. Thankfully I had the '78 Biante A9X + 2 off the '79 Biante A9X's :-)

I actually thought CC might "try" and fix up the flared guards between the '78 release & the '79 release - But NO, again the '79 release was rushed out.