WHERE HAS THE QUALITY CONTROL GONE ??

General Chat Area
NO Advertising Wanted / For Sale, etc.

Moderator: ccforum

Re: WHERE HAS THE QUALITY CONTROL GONE ??

Postby PirtekGirl » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:09 pm

Graeme wrote:PirtekGirl : given that you're a confirmed Frosty fan, are the origins of your forum name born from the 2003 season ?

2001 season actually. Marcos Ambrose was my first love, and Frosty is my rebound driver (who as yet has not broken my heart, but will be dumped the very second Marcos returns)

You may also know me as TroubleMaker, perhaps a more apt username ;)
'I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.'
PirtekGirl

Postby Graeme » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:17 am

PirtekGirl wrote:
You may also know me as TroubleMaker, perhaps a more apt username ...

ah ha ... "The Church is near, but the road is icy. The bar is far away, but I will walk carefully."

How could you dump Frosty ? ... Marcos has got the smile, but Frosty still has a full head of hair !
Graeme

Postby SDK » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am

I've got the 2010 BW. The Vodafone logos have the cracks but essentially pass the 1 metre rule & certainly not visible from the display cabinet. Does not have the same problems as the prior photos. The sticker on the front bar is only marginally crooked. All in all, OK & clearly better than many others. Before I go on, well done on the Camaro.

My angst with CC atm stems back to an email received direct from a CC employee last November assuring me that the 1980 VC would be corrected prior to release. I pre-ordered this along with the Moffat VC. Goes without saying that I was lied too & CC disgraced themselves in passing off their VH as a VC. How stupid the 1980 BW looks on display in close proximity to the 1982 BW.

I will honour my pre-order for the Moff VH, yet will dump this on ebay on receipt. Anyone wanting a cheap one already with the ciggy decals, hold out.

I would have bought the Jansen VC, (Bathurst Podium Cars from that era are a theme on mine), yet will pass as I did with the 1986 Brock that had the 1985 front. How stupid when the Grice 1986 BW was OK. Frankly, someone on the CC payroll should be seeking alternative employment.

Further to the future of V8SC's I generally buy 2-3 per year. (BW, Champ Winner & another). My main focus though is from late 1960's to mid 1990's. There is only so much room for VE's & FG's.
SDK

Postby leadmotion » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:12 pm

My 2010 winner is on its way from Oz... I am starting to wonder if I have wasted more money :evil:
leadmotion

Postby carlectaholic » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:54 pm

SDK wrote:I've got the 2010 BW. The Vodafone logos have the cracks but essentially pass the 1 metre rule & certainly not visible from the display cabinet. Does not have the same problems as the prior photos. The sticker on the front bar is only marginally crooked. All in all, OK & clearly better than many others. Before I go on, well done on the Camaro.

My angst with CC atm stems back to an email received direct from a CC employee last November assuring me that the 1980 VC would be corrected prior to release. I pre-ordered this along with the Moffat VC. Goes without saying that I was lied too & CC disgraced themselves in passing off their VH as a VC. How stupid the 1980 BW looks on display in close proximity to the 1982 BW.

I will honour my pre-order for the Moff VH, yet will dump this on ebay on receipt. Anyone wanting a cheap one already with the ciggy decals, hold out.

I would have bought the Jansen VC, (Bathurst Podium Cars from that era are a theme on mine), yet will pass as I did with the 1986 Brock that had the 1985 front. How stupid when the Grice 1986 BW was OK. Frankly, someone on the CC payroll should be seeking alternative employment.

Further to the future of V8SC's I generally buy 2-3 per year. (BW, Champ Winner & another). My main focus though is from late 1960's to mid 1990's. There is only so much room for VE's & FG's.

Classics are very hit and miss with their quality regarding releases aren't they , plenty of models they have made that many including myself are extremely proud to own and others fall way too short of any general expectation let alone pleasing those who are diecast enthusiasts as well as motorsport fanatics who do spend endless amounts of money each year , but Classics do release these models regardless even though previously being informed of problems or Classics are already aware the faults exist.... WHY !

The fact they make these faulty or inaccurate models and to the most parts retailers accept "that's just Classics for you" and we are expected to keep taking what we are given just doesn't cut it anymore , if they have a good look around they should note their model release numbers have dropped significantly and people are now finding an alternative being other brands and types of diecast to collect or dropping out all together , or putting their money towards other interests they find more appealing as well as better value for money .

IMHO this shows the strive for improvement has been replaced with the effort to seek larger profit margins , hence the retooling issues seems to be all too much trouble and expense to bother with even if it's wrong and will affect company credibility , not the best form of business ethics is it .
It's a real shame really because great potential is being wasted and not being capitalised on as you would expect with any product that has such a huge demand , but Classics continually raise the bar to then only drop it to the floor again , I fail to understand this kind of logic in todays business world it just doesn't make sense at all .

In the past the spiel you get is they make the best models in the world for the money we are having to pay , they are a big business NOT soley reliant on their diecast products for profit as diecast is only a small part of their business , if we as an individual are not happy with their product then don't buy it as there are many others who will buy and have no problem with the product and according to Classics in the past this includes their numerous retailers also having no problem with the items they receive ?????

I think I could speak for most people who buy and participate on these forums , is that we would prefer to be blown away with the great quality we receive and to be able compliment Classics and other makers on their releases instead of having to complain due to not being happy with the product , or being deceived by being given faulty or inaccurate releases with NO reason whatsoever despite the fact that these faults were known about prior to release .

I always used to be excited about waiting for models to be released I had pre ordered and same when you get that phone call from your friendly retailer , lots of excitement and anticipation to see and show off that new model , these days I'm anxious with mixed feelings in will it be right , what will the quality issues be this time and how many will I have to look through just to get one that half measures up..... How many other people has this bad quality affected like this ????
Personally I have vastly reduced my Aussie purchases because of this and to the same degree with my pre orders ,where the last couple of years I've changed direction somewhat in what I buy as I reignited my interest in drag racing and have bought vast amounts of diecast from the U.S.

At least now with these models the affordability is good even when taking in to account shipping costs , oh yeah I have also had that excitement return to my collecting where my purchases I receive put a big smile on my face where I'm happy with what I get for my money , something that had been lost over the last few years when relying on good Aussie diecast .

Cheers Jim .
carlectaholic

Postby HRT_fan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:21 pm

I Think the fact that they only made 4000 1980 Brock cars due to only getting that many preorders should say something to them. I would imagine if it was done right many more would have ordered it like myself.
HRT_fan

Postby brad » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:23 am

I think they made the best cars a few years ago, the 05 Ingall, some of the AU's, the detail was really good but I guess like you say, diecast is a small part of their business they they may not need.
brad

Postby Sgtelf05 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:22 pm

The classic gaff by Classic Carlectables would have to be the 1986 Holden Commodore VK of Peter Brock and Allan Moffat. The model has a 1985 front bumper on the car which is amazing considering they already had the tooling for the VK in the 1986 Bathurst Winner of Grice and Bailey. I emailed Classic Carlectables only to be told they would look at getting the tooling right for the next release. I bought my model and had it several months before realizing that I had been dealt a cruel blow. My question here is if they got the Grice/Bailey car so right how did they manage to get it so wrong with the MHDT car. What is even more bizarre is that the design team spent time at Champions Brock Experience observing the car and taking many photos. A little more thought needed by the design team here for sure considering we the collector are spending over $200.00 per release.
Sgtelf05

Postby david5 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Sgtelf05 wrote:. What is even more bizarre is that the design team spent time at Champions Brock Experience observing the car and taking many photos.

That's probably most of the problem. IIRC the actual car was converted to a VL & sold to WA.
Touring Car Tragic
david5

Postby devo » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:35 pm

I think this is my first time on the forum for comment. I reckon the collector is being taken for granted at the moment. I know we are hard to please now that we are used to quality models. There is no excuse for crooked decals etc these days, that's just an insult with the money paid for a model now. Is there no final inspection at the factory or don't we care anymore. As one person said, It seems we just buy them anyway so why should they bother. The VC Commodore with the VH front. Id rather they don't do it at all. Naturally I ordered one so more fool me I suppose.
I think Classic do a fantastic job, the Bartlett Camaro for example, but they all seem to have lost control of the quality issues.
There is an interesting article in Diecast Magazine with Paul Lang of Minichamps lamenting the fact that he can't get the quality he is after from China at the moment. He says they are investigating the viability of moving production to Germany so Classic aren't the only company with problems.
Having said that it wouldn't matter how well the VC was made, it's still got the wrong front on it.
devo

Postby MAKO » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:18 am

Hello.
I returned 2010bathurst at the Australia store, and was repaid.
You may regard me as nervous.
However, I do not want to pay a price to the model inferior to 2010promocar.
I hold 2010promocar on a collection. :mrgreen:
MAKO

Postby phil » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 pm

I've just received my GT falcon nugget gold that I've been waiting on for some time only to find the front wheels faulty' going off in different directions and the bug catcher on the air filter off set.Took it back and exchanged it for an auto art holden GTS. My supplier now has three to send back to CC. SHAME.
phil

Previous

Return to DISCUSSION